There are an abundance of good reasons to make the trip to Brisbane next month.
We have selected a tad over three handfuls for you, and we only stopped there so you won’t delay getting your travel plans in motion.
If you are already in Brissie, then consider these good reasons to roll out of bed.
- 1. Nobody wants to miss the iconic Brisbane Truck Show. The last show won the Best Corporate Event and Best Exhibition, Trade or Consumer Show, at the 2019 Australian Event Awards and you should see everything we have added for 2021.
- 2. Latest trucks, trailer and technology. There are so many big reveals that have been saved for this year’s Brisbane Truck Show.
- 3. Future Fuels and Sustainability hub. The last couple of years have seen momentous steps towards a low-carbon future for road freight. The investment and collaboration in major R&D projects across the industry, is accelerating our path towards the transition to fuel cells and electric vehicles.
- 4. Technology and Innovation Centre. Our industry is full of tradition and we know how we like to do things, yet we are also early adopters of good ideas that improve safety and productivity. Get a head-start on what is around the corner and many technologies that are available right now.
- 5. Celebrating some big anniversaries. Start with a couple of icons: Kenworth’s 50 years of manufacturing in Australia, then Freighter turns 75. These folks know how to party too!
- 6. Go into the draw for the Ultimate VIP Experience Package. The full prize package includes an amazing array for VIP experiences from Supercars to AFL, hotlaps and some awesome kit for your home including a deluxe supercar simulator.
- 7. Catch up with old and new mates at the Plaza Terrace BBQ Bar. This is surely the trucking industry’s favourite meeting spot? It is only open for four days every two years, so there is plenty to catch up on over a frothy one, once you’ve explored the halls or maybe just as a pitstop.
- 8. South Bank Truck Festival. A whole bunch of free entertainment, promoting our industry to the broader community. There is something for everyone with the TruckFest Outdoor Cinema, the Jobs Hub and National Apprentice Challenge and now the exciting LaserVision water projection show at Streets Beach.
- 9. Get amongst the truck and trailer display set alongside an amazing array of bars and restaurants. The weather in Brisbane in May is enticing, so who doesn’t want to relax amongst the truck and trailer display in the stunning South Bank Parklands, enjoying a burger or a steak, a wine or a beer?
- 10. The live entertainment at the Plough Inn. How can you call it a festival without the soundtrack of some great tunes from some great local musicians? You couldn’t, hence the stage out the front of the fabulous Plough Inn right in the heart of South Bank.
- 11. Get behind Troy’s Truck Push for Kids. If Troy can push the 12-tonne Freightliner Cascadia over 100 feet there’s a Guinness World Record on the line. And all the money raised goes to help some really sick kids and their families. Come and cheer him on.
- 12. Civil Construction Field Days – heavy equipment and machinery is back and your BTS21 ticket will get you through the gate. There is a free bus shuttle running between the two events. That’s right – all this on one ticket.
There is so much going on in Brisbane during truck show week.
- 13. NRL Magic Round – at Suncorp Stadium. 16 teams, 8 games all played across one amazing weekend. Enough said?
- 14. Doomben 10,000. We acknowledge a lot of our best horses have actually been Kiwis. Including Kiwi. The Brisbane Racing Club have got some special offers for BTS21 attendees.
- 15. Hit the Gold Coast. The stunning Gold Coast is just down the road or the train line. Take a few extra days. You deserve it.
- 16. Head out to Moreton Island. Whether you want to do some big game fishing, some sightseeing or just escape from the rat-race, this is on Brisbane’s doorstep or go further afield and head up to the tropical north. While you are here, you might as well make the most of it.
Queensland is good to go, and waiting to welcome you.