The Brisbane Truck Show is staged by Heavy Vehicle Industry Australia (HVIA), on behalf of our members and the broader industry.
HVIA represents and advances the interests of Australia’s heavy vehicle industry.
We have a thriving and robust local industry that comprises hundreds of innovative trailer, specialised vehicle, component, equipment and technology manufacturers and suppliers in addition to the product assembly of global heavy vehicle brands such as Volvo, Mack, Iveco, Kenworth and now DAF.
Australia is a world leader in many aspects of heavy vehicle transport. Australia’s heavy vehicle industry directly employs over 36,000 people and manufactures, services and repairs some of the world’s most efficient, safe, innovative and technologically advanced vehicles.
Whilst our organisation has foundations that are over fifty years old, it is just over two years since CVIAQ morphed into a national body, in response to the advent of the Heavy Vehicle National Law and the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator and the clear need for a strong, unified voice representing the entire heavy vehicle industry.
In that time our membership has grown by almost 50% to include almost every major truck manufacturer/importer and dealer network, most of Australia’s major trailer manufacturers and an ever-growing list of their suppliers and distributors.
HVIA continues to grow rapidly and we see our corporate partnerships as being crucial to our member value proposition.
Our 200+ corporate members, plus their branches across Australia, reap the rewards of membership through a range of benefits such as:
- advocacy to government and its regulatory agencies on national, regional & local issues,
- low cost membership,
- TechASSIST – our technical & regulatory support service,
- EmployerASSIST – our HR & IR Hotline,
- opportunities to engage and contribute to industry policy development,
- regular networking events and information forums across the country and our
- world-class national events: including the southern hemisphere’s largest road transport event – the Brisbane Truck Show and the biennial ComVec Conference.
Visit the HVIA website here: www.hvia.asn.au